Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Entry #2

Lord of the Flies
Chapter 2- Fire on the Mountain
“Stupid Fat Boy”
Perspective: Jack


1. Do you think this is a good island or a bad island?
This island is weird. It is so hot but the water looks great. There is pigs for me to hunt and I need to kill the beastie.
2. What is the beastie?
The beastie is this thing this annoying little said to be a snake like thing that tried to eat him. He was trying to induce us that it is real. I think it is stupid but if it is real, I will happily slice its head off with my knife.
3. What does it symbolize?
The beastie is just another fear on the island and another obstical to over come.
4. How does it make you feel?
I’m not scared. There probably is no such thing and the kid just had a nightmere.
5. What is your plan for being rescued?
Ralph thought of this plan for getting rescued. He said to make a big fire so a ship would see the ebullience of the smoke and come rescue us. I think it is a good idea. I wish I though of it first. I mean, it is a pretty good idea.
6. Do you want to be rescued?
Yes I do. I want to go home to my family but this will really show how good I am at everything.
7. How did you start a fire and what happens to the fire?
I pinched Piggy’s glasses and put them in the sunlight. The specs made the wood hot and it started to smoke. The fire caught on from there until the whole fire was ablaze. Unfortunately, the boys didn’t really have it under control so it started to burn the whole island. If the ships don’t see that smoke, they must be blind.
8. What happened to the little boy with a mark on his face?
That silly little boy who was talking about the snakes disappeared. I wonder if what happened. Maybe there really is a beastie. Oh well, he wasn’t that important.
9. How are you different from all the other boys?
I am clearly one of the best boys. I am head of the choir and now head of the hunters. I would say the only person better than me is Ralph, just because he is the leader. Plus he is only the leader because he has that conch thing. I don’t see why people didn’t vote for me!
10. As you go to bed each night, what is going through your head? Are you afraid, excited, indifferent…? What’s going on inside of your head?
Stupid Piggy keep talking and saying all this pointless stuff. Piggy is very errant, when I say shut up, he doesn’t. He keeps recriminating me, saying I’m not following the rules. He is trying to be important but he really isn't. Today when Ralph left him in charge to get everybody’s names, he didn't. I don't even know why Ralph trusts him. Maybe it was because he was with Ralph when he found the conch, but that's it. He is just a stupid fat boy who can’t keep to his own business. Ralph is mad at him now for not getting everybody's names anyways. Maybe he will forget Piggy. What a stupid name.

No comments:

Post a Comment