Thursday, September 24, 2009

Entry #3


Lord of the Flies
Chapter 3- Huts on Beach
“We Have Got To Work Together”
Perspective: Ralph

Dear Diary,
I am stuck to work on the huts with all the boys. We need to make a shelter. If another storm comes, like when got here, it is a good idea to make a shelter. Plus, I don’t want to say this to many people but everyone’s scared of the beastie. The littlun’s are scared. I lay awake at night and listen to them scream. I need to protect them. As the hunters went hunting I said that all the boys should work hard until the huts are done. Everyone went off and started working hard but after five minutes, they stopped and did other things. There are many vicissitudes to making the huts. They just wont stand up. We have only gotten two up so far and they are terribly shaky. Plus, none of the boys, except Simon, helped. Simon is an inscrutable boy. He is very small and frail with black hair but works incredibly hard. He works with rapt attention. He has done as much of work as I have. Jack got back from hunting today. He was thirsty. He keeps leaving and not helping with the work. Yes, we do need meat, but he is not getting anything! I think we should get the shelters done first then worry about the meat. Its sounds great but he is just wasting time. I can tell he is getting angrier. He sometimes gets this opaque look in his eyes that are almost wild. He thinks that hunting is more important than shelter. He just doesn’t get the responsibility that I have as the leader. I really want to get off the island. It is hard and most of the boys are getting lazy. Even Piggy, who was trying to act so responsible, isn’t helping. I don’t even know if the fire plan will work. I hope it does.
Got to go,
Ralph
P.S. The tendril in the jungle is creeping me out!

1 comment: