Sunday, May 9, 2010

Entry #2


Blog #2
Chapters 4-7
Miss Maudie Atkinson

Dear Journal,

Today was another lovely summer day. I sat on my porch and watched the slight breeze brush the grass. The sky was the lightest shade of baby blue with the sun burnt town sitting right under it. My azaleas danced with the wind as it carried the martins soaring below the mimosa tree. There was not anything new that happened today. The sun still came up and went back down again. The worst part of the day was when I found another blade of nut grass. Of course I cleaned it up with my tin can and my pesticides. God should have never ever created such a horrible thing. One blade of grass could end up covering the entire county with those little monsters. It’s a good thing I am here to prevent my yard from having weeds take over this whole town.
Today Scout Finch came over. That silly little girl. She’s been comin’ over every day this summer. I think her brother and his friend Dill have made her the third wheel keeping her aloof. They are just stuck away in Jem’s tree house, planning all sorts of crazy things, except when I make cakes. I normally make a cake for me and three mini cakes for all of them. I holler, “Jem Finch, Scout Finch, Charles Baker Harris, come here.” That usually gets them runnin’. Plus, they also like to eat my scuppernongs.
Little Scout came over and asked if Boo Radley was still alive. I figured she would one day ask about that. I mean, gossip is all over the entire county about what really happened to the old Radley family. Honest to God, I sure don’t know what happened to them. They sure were never a real polite family. Always kept to themselves. Never went outside, even on church days. They just stayed inside. Mr. Radley would walk to town once every day but that was it. I can sometimes see shadows movin’ in there but my old eyes are faulty. I told the kid that Author Radley (also known as Boo Radley) liked to stay inside and that he was a foot washing Baptist. I had to explain what that was to her. Good gracious, do they teach children anything in school nowadays? One thing I told her that she was surprised to hear was that Author Radley was kind to me when he was a child. Poor child, even after all the things people said about him he was still sweet. I bet he’s crazy now, being cooped up in his house for so many years.

Write more soon,
Miss Maudie Atkinson

Dear Journal,

I can’t believe this just happened. Mr. Raldey shot at something because he heard something in his back yard. I always knew that man was crazy. All he is is a nut case who has been inside for too long. He said he would shoot at anything in the bushes if hears another sound. I sure hope the youngin’s stay out of trouble. He is not the person to mess around with. Oh, my cakes almost done in the oven!

Write more soon,
Miss Maudie Atkinson.

1 comment:

  1. Aubrey I Like Your Stoy And I think You Have Good Details And Explantion In your Story. Something I saw not much but some spelling grammar. Other Than That You did Great.
    ~nicole valencia

    ReplyDelete