Friday, May 14, 2010

Entry #4

Journal #4
Chapters 10-12
Perspective: Mrs. Dubose

Dear Diary,
Today passes on like everyday of my life. The usual, wake up, lie in bed, go to the porch, critique passing neighbors, and go to bed. Today when the Finch children passed by I assumed they were playing hooky. Those naughty children. Always trying to escape what they have and never realizing how grateful they should be. I would say the Finch children are the worst, always running around wild. They are always debating and contradicting me. I say, ever since their mother died that household has been out of control. Now with their daddy defending that black man, I say they are nothing better than the people Atticus is defending. I would hate if someone knew I was even acquainted with them. That is exactly what I told them. I say Jeremy’s body go ridged and I knew I had hit him in a sensitive spot. I didn’t care because those children needed to be told what they were turning into.
After that I went back inside for my medicine and to go back to bed. Later that night my serving girl reported that Jeremy had destroyed my garden. He took a baton and machete chopped all the heads off my beautiful camellias. Since I am trying to get off morphine I figured he should read to me to get my mind of things. I told him he needed to come for a month. He was very perplexed and frustrated to hear that. I on the other hand think it is an ingenuous idea. I know that he won’t kill my camellias anymore after dealing with me. It will be good for him to be taught a lesson with messing with me. I will write more if I wake up tomorrow.
Mrs. Henry Lafayette Dubose
Written by Jessie

Dear Diary,
Today was the last day Jeremy had to read to me. I think it really worked. It helped me not concentrate on my pain. I want to die morphine free and have nothing on nobody. I could tell that Jeremy was glad to be free. Everyday Jessie set my timer back a few minutes to ease me off my medicine. I’m not sure how much longer I will live but I am glad that I could help bring those crazy children up right. I want Jeremy to know that I meant well for him. I am having Jessie assemble a candy box to put one of my flowers in to entrust him with my gift.
Farwell,
Mrs. Henry Lafayette Dubose
Written by Jessie

1 comment:

  1. Aubrey i think you are good to act like mrs. Dubose.I think you should underline or bold the vocabulary words. So its more easy to know which one are the vocabulary.
    ~ nicole

    ReplyDelete