Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Entry #7


Lord of the Flies
Chapter 7- Shadows and Tall Trees
“Kill the Beast”
Perspective: Ralph

Dear Journal,
Today I got to go hunting with Jack. It was so much fun. I am starting to realize why Jack always wants to hunt. It is so thrilling! I was terrified and excited when I saw the pig. I hit it! I didn’t get it but I hit it on the nose! I injured my very first pig. I hope the pig was impervious because it looked like it would of hurt. We weren’t originally planning to go hunting; we were looking for the beast. We gave up but then the pig came running through. Even though we didn’t kill it we still had fun. Then we played this game. Robert pretended to be the pig and we all circled in on him. That’s our strategy. We surround the pig so there is no hope of escaping. Then we closed in and started stabbing Robert with the dull ends of out stick. We chanted, “ Kill the pig, cut his throat. Kill the pig, bash him in.” At first I wished were all dun when we went hunting the beastie but in the end I was completely pumped up. I wanted to play the game again. Jack said we could have someone dress up and then we could pretend to hunt it again. Robert said we needed a real pig because we had to kill it. Jack threw out the idea of using a littlun. I think it was a joke but I am not so sure. Jack doesn’t like the littluns very much so they could potentially be in danger. Jack, Rodger, and I went hunting for the beastie at night. We saw it budge. It was so scary. I tried to be brave in front of Jack though. I can’t let him know I am weak. I was looking at ourselves today and we are gross. Our hair is long and messy, our nails are overgrown, and we all have brine and dirt on ourselves. We do not have any hygiene at all. We are absolutely discussing! I really want to go home. Have a clean bathroom so I can wash up. I want to be with my family in our little cottage on the end of the moors. Maybe play a rugger game. I am trying to be sagely so we can get back but I can’t stop thinking about home.

No comments:

Post a Comment