Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Entry #11


Lord of the Flies
Chapter 12- Cry of the Hunters
“Savage Beasts”
Perspective: Ralph

Dear Diary,
Today was the worst day that I have spent on this island. After Piggy fell off the cliff and was force to run into the woods because everyone was throwing spears at me. I ran as far away as I possibly could but I had no idea if I was safe. Samneric got captured by Jack so I wanted to go back and save them. I was hidden the bushes but I could still see Castle Rock clearly. I was so upset when I saw Samneric keeping watch. So that's it. They're in Jacks tribe now and I am an outcast. I climbed up the rock and tried to talk to Samneric. They told my to leave and to not come back. They told me that Roger has prepared a spear with points on both sides. I don't know what that meant. It sounds kind of familiar but I am not sure. They also told me that the tribe is going to line up and go across the entire island until they found me and killed me. I was really frightened. Samneric heard someone coming and shoved a piece of meat at me tell me to leave. That time I knew I had to leave. That night I decided to hide in the bramble. I thought it was a fool proof plan, I would get a chance to stab them first if they tried to crawl through and it would take them a week to make a path through the thick branches. I was wrong. They diddled me. They eventually forced me from my hiding spot. I should get some credit though because it took them a couple times before I was forced to leave. At first they tried to knock rocks off and have the rocks scare me out. I narrowly avoid them but I stayed where I was. They also tried stabbing spears at me however I could get to them first. Their last plan was to light the thing on fire. The smoke was suffocating me so I had to leave. I tried hiding in different places however I eventually ran to the beach. The entire island was on fire, I had no where else to go. I tripped, rolled down the sand, and when I looked up I saw a Naval Officer. He had pure white drill and many epaulettes on his uniform. I think that was the biggest surprise in my life. Jack and his hunters slowly appeared among the beach. Percival, the kid who knew his entire name and street, tried to introduce himself but he had forgotten his name. When the Naval Officer asked who was responsible for everything I said I was. I know I was putting all blame on me but I knew that Jack would plan innocent. The Naval Officer was very disappointed in us, he thought we would be more civilized. I tried to tell him that it was different but I realized that we were now a bunch of savages. I am writing this from the boat that we're sailing home on. Oh, Captain is calling, write more later.
Ralph

No comments:

Post a Comment