Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Entry #6


Lord of the Flies
Chapter 6- Beast from Air
“Our New Fort”
Perspective: Jack

Someone just landed on our island. I think he crashed from the war. He looks like he is a dead pilot. It is funny because Ralph was just saying how he wanted a sign from the adult world. I am not sure that happened but I think it did. No one else knows about it because he crashed at night. I don’t think anyone was awake to see it crash. Plus it was dark out so we couldn’t see him fall. We also didn’t find the plane so no one really knows for sure. Not many of us are thinking about the outside world right now. We all want to survive it is like we are not actually in WWΠ. Sam and Eric think they saw the real beastie. Them two were on fire duty last night and they said it was right there. They tried to run away and it chased them. They barely got away. They said it was a huge beast with long claws and sharp fangs. They said it was flailing its wings. Maybe that is how the beastie is getting around. It’s flying. Once I heard the beast was out there I wanted to kill it! I wanted to run to the rocky bridge and stab it with my spear. All the other boys wanted to come to. Ralph wanted to think it out. He always wants to think. Think, think, think, that’s all he does! I wanted to kill. I am sure there is a beastie, why wouldn’t there be? I remember that one littlun who got lost. I want to go hunt it down and show everyone else that I am the best! I want power on this island. The hunt was embroiling but I was excited. Ralph is the head chief right now so I am stuck behind him. He always makes up these stupid rules and is worried about the conch. When we went hunting for the beastie, we found this fort. It is in a rock castle cover in guano. It is so cool. We can push rocks off the top on our enemies. It is so much fun there. Ralph doesn’t like it. He wants to make us leave, but he can’t. Ralph was waxy. He thinks we're mutinous. He can’t control me. I am a hunter and I am important.

No comments:

Post a Comment