Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Entry #9


Lord of the Flies
Chapter 10-The Shell and the Glasses
The Loss of Hope
Perspective: Simon

Dear Diary,
I never thought my life would end so soon. Jack murdered me. Today I watched what has happened since I died. I know I am a ghost, but I still want to be on the island. I heard Ralph and Piggy talking about why I died. Ralph thinks it was murder. It was! I was trying to tell them about the dead aviator but they jumped on me and stabbed my to death. It was the worst thing I ever experienced. Piggy thinks it was an accident. He said they were all scared and tensions were high. It was also at night during a storm, which only makes it worse.
Later that day I went to see what Jack was doing. With him in power it is horrible! He is treated like a king and only thinks of himself. Ralph always thinks about the littluns and cared for others, but Jack only wants his way. I heard that he was going to beat up poor little Wilfred only because he was mad. Wilfred was tied up for hours just waiting for Jack to beat him up. I think I am glad that I am dead and I don’t have to deal with Jack. Plus, he thinks that I was the beast disguised and doesn’t even realized that he is a murderer! While I was there they also talked about attacking Ralphs tribe that night. I wish I could tell Ralph. Maurice, Roger, and him are going to steal fire. They are staying on the sand in case the “beastie” attacks. I wish I could have told everybody that the beast was fake.
I watched what happened when the boys attacked. It was horrible! Every one was fighting and hurting each other. Jack and his tribe are all savages. Eric got his face all bloodied up by Ralph because they had no idea who they were hitting. Jack and his hunters soon left after getting what they wanted. Instead of fire, they took Piggy’s glasses, the only thing he can see with. Now poor Piggy has to be hand led. This situation is just going horribly wrong. Everyone is so mean to each other!
That’s it for now,
Simon

No comments:

Post a Comment